Tech Data
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Sales Representative en Tech Data

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 39 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 916 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
Tech Data is a great place to work and has great culture and engaging activities for employees. You get to meet and work with clients from all different industries, you also meet and interact with different vendors such as dell, sony, google, microsoft, and apple. There are some management that need to improve on skills, also need to provide more specialized training for the area you are hired for especially with the different sales teams.
Cultura laboral
No support from managers, all they Care about is how much money you make the company. If Declined holidays, cold calling and 0 support is what your after it’s the right job for you
Cultura laboral
It's proper for receiving an introduction to the industry. They feed you a lot. Lots of free stuff. Not the best place/role for free-thinkers to flourish though.
Cultura laboral
very fast paced, a lot of little jobs included in role. managers strict with policies. no commission but a lot of free and some off-site events. good for first job
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
Tech Data is a dynamic and fun place to work. During my time there I developed skills that helped me grow my career. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a career in technology sales.
Cultura laboral
Great company to gain sales experience out of college. Training and incentives was my favorite part about working there. Learned a lot about technologies and different product lines as well.
Cultura laboral
Good entry level job. Not much opportunity for advancement. Good benefits. Compensation is low. Fairly poor work-life balance with long hours but minimal supervision.
Cultura laboral
Good benefits and incentives. typical day involved building price quotes and answering emails from email Que, as well as answering a handful of calls in a given day. Learning instructors to teach software programs such as SAP and Outlook, as well as the daily job functions or requirements. Management was focused on sales and their people. Fresh meals were made in cafe each day with a weekly caterer Lunch and learn opportunities Chance to win free products Annual sales recognition. Paid time off Benefits upon hire Gym membership discounts Focus on health and fitness Sit/stand desk Great group of people working towards common goals . Great company to work for aside from poor work life balance. most enjoyable part was the price working through the price quotes and building products based on requests least enjoyable part of the job was sitting at a desk.
Cultura laboral
The sales floor appears to have lost its way compared to all other departments. A lot more seasoned employees are quitting or moving on. Unless you are placed on a "lucky" team, then you are more than likely going to deal with a toxic work environment. Management shows obvious favoritism. It is a numbers crunching game where skills such us organization or creativity will get abused but not recognized. I wouldn't let any supervisors know about health problems (physical or mental), because it gets taken advantage of or spread around the office. I saw a handful of team members leave because they felt unsafe about their privacy and told to poor work first. There is often lots of free food and training available, but sales teams will pressure you to skip break or not take advantage of the opportunities around you because it's a team over personal development mindset. Make sure NOBODY finds out if you want to switch to a different department. Management might tell you that they support internal transfers, but many people feel pressured to leave for a new job because there is a 1.5 year requirement. Workers get treated differently if they don't show blind loyalty to sales. There is also a trend of pushing good workers to internal positions that may not use their skillsets efficiently only to lock them down in the department longer. If anyone has watched as many Ted Talks as I have, my advice is to be very, very cautious if you are a Giver. People who are Takers or Matchers will move up quicker and be rewarded much better. The company has not figured out how to pinpoint their - más...
Pros
Occasional Free Lunches, lots of high tech information, good networking
Contras
Slave driver mentallity, bad management, drama, uneven workloads per team
Cultura laboral
Nerf dart wars between placing quotes and orders make it seem like a fun environment to work at, and while some might have time to play around and twirl their thumbs, other teams are drowning in work, with unevenly distributed work loads with a due date and heavily pushed SLA times and pressure to make no mistakes. Multiple trainings with exams and test scores are required and monitored by not just managers, but shared with other employees. and god forbid you get on the bad side of the trainers, because then test scores wont matter as much and micro managing you and trying to find mistakes where non were made.
Pros
snacks and free coffee
Contras
overworking employees for unfair wage
Cultura laboral
I loved working for Tech Data! I was a great place to work and the managers that I worked for we always willing to listen. I never felt micromanaged and the team environment was encouraging.
Pros
Always learning new things
Contras
Would've liked to be paid a bit more
Cultura laboral
My time at Tech Data was some what enjoyable as the culture and the coworkers i had were very positive . Management as a whole had everyone's best interest at heart but failed in a few minor areas that i believe could have made everyone's experience a lot more enjoyable.
Cultura laboral
They worked well with me. Paid well but it could be stressful. Spent days on computers and emailing clients.. Detailed oriented company. Different shifts to be flexible with.
Cultura laboral
For such a large company Tech Data especially the LATAM Miami office is a complete, disorganized mess. The compensation is absolutely terrible and they are known for underpaying and mistreating employees compared to every other company in the industry. They frequently layoff or fire employees for reasons such as "we were paying them to much, let's fire them and hire someone brand new off the street who we can pay way less" even though these are well performing employees that have been with the company for a few years. Except for their newest manager it's a fair assessment to say that management is superbly incompetent and uncaring about their workers. Don't except a promotion, or raise, or any kind of feedback or reward for doing good work. Never expect any kind of coaching, feedback, or guidance or direction, or any kind of viable training or mentorship, here in this company it simply doesn't exist, you are just another replaceable worker bee filling a seat. Don't expect to be able to work from home or work remotely, they don't trust any of their employees enough to do this. Expect apathy, and complete oversight unless there's a problem, then suddenly it's all YOUR fault and has somehow been YOUR fault all along (you're a convenient scapegoat for when things go wrong, it's not management, you are the problem). The company refuses to spend money on the IT budget so don't expect any type of CRM system, or anything other than ancient computers and a terrible antiquated unreliable phone system. Tech Data is a revolving door, a people mill that uses you, - más...
Pros
Free cuban coffee
Contras
Poor compensation, no career advancement, poor job growth, high attrition "revolving-door", apathetic and incompetent management
Cultura laboral
Lots of politics to advance. You have to know someone or quickly find one of the few talented Sales Managers to work under or else you can work very hard and go nowhere.
Pros
Free Lunches
Very Political
Cultura laboral
Great place to start your career, you learn a lot of life skills.The people you work with and train with will be your friends for life. Great community of people.
Cultura laboral
The teams and connections you make internally and externally at Tech Data are great, I can not stress that enough. However, the consistent lack actual leadership and sticking by their employees by management detracts from what should be a great place to work for. They are far more focused on maintaining their cliques and circles of power to truly let anyone advance within the company. They will tell you in orientation that you are free to advance anywhere in the company, what they do not tell you is how they will randomly put in transfer freezes and restrictions on where you can actually go. For example, if you wish to go from sales to marketing, despite what your position was in sales, you can either go horizontally or downward switching departments.
Pros
Great team members, lots of fun activities provided by vendors
Contras
Short sited business decisions, high schoolish attitude by managers preventing deserving people of advancing.
Cultura laboral
The people I worked with including management made the job awesome! The Sales environment is never boring. The company provides great training and is always challenging you to raise the bar in your job performance.
Pros
co-workers great to work with. Sales managers are top notch!
Cultura laboral
They say one thing and do a completely different other thing. It's like living in office space. And the benefits are a joke!!! For instance it takes two years to be vested in the 401K, There are no sick days...you have occurrences...If you have more than six you get written up. Even with a dr's note. I had that really bad flu that was going around and had to stay home for a week and got written up.Even when I showed a doctors note and my prescription. The dental plan is a rip off, they won't cover major work (nd they decide whats major) for a year. But you still pay the same ammount, as you would if they did.I had a root canal and a deep cleaning, it cost me out of pocket 1,500.00 dollars. They wouldn't even cover my teeth cleaning, because they considered it periodontal work. They won't cover anything to do with your gums for a year. Again you still pay the same price as if they did cover you. The reason they do that is because there is such a high turn-around there. I believed their B.S and now I'm stuck...until something else pops up...then I'm jumping ship. The girl on my team gave exactly 8hrs notice. If I find something else that's what i'll do.
Pros
Your teammates are fun
The actual company
Cultura laboral
It is a great company however high goals to meet and very stressful and competitive. The people are great, they are very helpful and knowledgeable. Allot of opportunity for advancement
Pros
Lots of free samples of things, more food than you can eat...
Very Stressful, Very High Sales goals
Cultura laboral
lots of experience, learned so much about business, but stressful work environment. Processing orders/quoting prices, answering phones and making out bounds.
Pros
free lunch lots of rewards for sales some amazing coworkers
constant flux