logotipo de la empresa Smith & Nephew
Smith & Nephew
3,6 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Smith & Nephew

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 922 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Muy buena empresa en general

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Lástima que no eligen bien a los managers y supervisores que luego eligen no por mérito sino por argolla. El ambiente en Returns y Repairs no lo recomiendo a nadie.
Cultura laboral

Overall, this is a very good company

Typically, I work from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. I usually arrive earlier and leave later. My days are usually filled with a combination of work that I know well, punctuated by new challenges to solve. Solving the challenges is what I enjoy the most. I have been able to build on my knowledge and experience over the years. There have been on-the-job trainings, courses, certifications, and other learning opportunities in my role. The management changes out every few years or so, which is typical of any mid-sized corporation, as I understand. The culture is diverse. There are several recent initiatives to increase diversity and inclusion. There is an expectation of competency and diligence.There aren't really any hard jobs here. The only difficulty is the potential and real instances of bad communication. There are lots of layers in management which means there is a filtering effect on the information. Sometimes this can be helpful, but sometimes there is a bit of gate-keeping.The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to create new solutions in collaboration with great colleagues. There are a ton of great people at this company, and that makes it very enjoyable. When those people you respect show respect in return, it really means something. That is another of the great things about this company.

Pros

Advancement opportunities, company mission aligns with my values, great people

Contras

Typical difficulties for mid to large size corporations: communication, siloing of different departments, gate-keeping by lower management

Button pusher only

I didn't like the twelve hour shifts. I really didn't like my supervisor, felt like he was totally jaded and mad all the time. Some people work really hard while others do a terrible job or nothing at all.

Pros

Pay

Boring and a lot others
Cultura laboral

Coworker are great. Management constantly changes direction

Run fast. Management is the worst I have ever seen in my 25 year career. Poor decision are made and the workers are thrown under the bus as often as manager can. No support my boss was located in Europe and I am in USA. Made absolutely no sense . Company is fixated on a global approach when everyone knows regulations are very different in several countries where S/N has a presence

Pros

Free pop cycles

Insurance expensive, unrealistic timelines

Negative environment

Just horrible leadership! I have only one good thing to say and that is I did meet just a few beautiful souls shine through that dark place and we all still stay in contact with each other.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

Great place to work with good leadership

Good place to work. Decent benefits and good leadership. Learned a lot about lean manufacturing and how it can/will improve the bottomline. Enjoyed my job most days

Pros

Good leadership

Contras

Health insurance wasn't the greatest
Cultura laboral

Voted Great Place to Work for a reason!

I worked in the Quality department for several years. One of the best things about S&N was the culture, it was positive and fun. My Manger and Director always provided any support or education need to advance in my field. I will always look back on my time there as positive. Still friends with most of my co-workers. Don't get me wrong, no place is perfect but S&N was pretty close.

Pros

Comradery council and mangement

Contras

Can be stressful with deadline

You are a paper pusher

No ingenuity or creativity allowed. You're filling out paperwork, inputting data into Matrix, traveling between plants with no mileage reimbursement, and being directed by autocratic management. You are a paper pusher which is irrelevant for an Engineering degree.

Pros

Good for a lazy person who wants to sit all day and attend meetings

Contras

The pay is only OK; not great.
Cultura laboral

Muy buen ambiente de trabajo

Fue una epoca muy bonita a nivel de trabajo y de compañeros.

Pros

Muy recomendable

Contras

Cuesta aparcar en las oficinas
Cultura laboral

Good for beginning your med device career

This is a good place to get your feet wet in the medical device industry if you're just starting out. Unfortunately if you aren't in the "boys club" do not expect any recognition or advancement. The company culture is non-existent and you are out to fend for yourself. You are spread thin in your territory while the competition has at least 1 rep in each account. This makes it hard to build rapport and you miss out on revenue for not being there. Better leadership and investing in employee development would be a key motivating factor.Otherwise, you are just a number.

Trabajo y empleo en Smith & Nephew

Ver más empleos

Better Options Out There

Pay was good, but definitely not worth the headache. You’ll find yourself performing task with very little direction or training. To say there was poor management would be unfair to those who actually manage their employees with dignity and respect. There are those in management who are basically yes men, so don’t expect them to fight for you; you’ll basically get stuck doing other departments job because your manager doesn’t have a backbone. Bitter? Definitely not, actually relieved to finally be out this place. So, if you’re willing to be expected to put your life to the side for this place and not move up then this is the place for you, otherwise, stay clear.

Pros

Co-Workers, Pay

Poor Management, Life-Work Balance

Could be worse

"While the pay and benefits of smith & nephew were acceptable the hours and opportunity for advancement were not. Regardless of what they say, if it only cost them 1 dollar to train their employees they still would not do it. You are trapped where they first put you at what time they have you. Upper management stretches their supervisors so thin that they can barely handle the workload. This creates an atmosphere of hostility and competitiveness where there absolutely should be none as if the whole team were even able to work together it would benefit the whole company. Unfortunately due to a lack of caring about serious issues from upper management, there is no real incentive to work together for one another."

Pros

Good products

Bad management

Excelent Managment

It's a very nice ambient. I love working here. Salaries could be better, but it's hard to find a job that you love and pays amazing. Working here is really cool, management and coworkers are really cool and fun to be around, forgetting it's work from home.
Cultura laboral

Sales reps allowed to influence toxic culture

It was my experience that the sales team, being 1099 employees were allowed to breed a toxic environment unchecked and unbalanced by W2 managers. It led to many good employees carrying to much unhealthy stress, made some find new jobs, and others being terminated for trying to push back. If the culture could be improved, it would be a great place to work, the products are really good.

Pros

Decent pay, 6% matching 401K, medical benefits were pretty good.

Lack of work/life balance
Cultura laboral

Learning time in my career

I learnt a great deal at Smith and Nephew. My first training session was with people from overseas on, I think it was 'Opsite Dressing' used for surgical procedures. I walked in a little late to a recorded program on the television where the dressing had been applied, to what I could only think it could be a knee, the Surgeon took out a hand saw and started sawing. At this point I worked out it was a person's head he was sawing and thought, 'OMG! This is a little rich for my first couple of weeks in the job!' But it proved a point. The dressing would fit tightly to any part of the body for surgical procedures.Unfortunately I left to have children.I would love to work with them again.

Poor management

Poor management lead to the gdc being sold to arvato. They have great benefits. Poor management. Managers hender you from growing. Another of yes men managers.

Pros

Benefits

Contras

Ever changing management

Good worklife balance. Boss will easily approve leave. However, no teamwork in certain departments. Might have to carry heavy equipment even if you are ab girl. Boss doesn't know your job actually.

Pros

Easily approved leave

To many manager
Cultura laboral

Very unorganized as a whole

I worked for S&N for 3 years. From day one the poor management that is running this facility was painfully obvious. No one was ever on the same page and employees were always left in the dark. We would constantly find out about changes in the schedule from anyone but our direct manager. The communication between employees and management is lacking significantly. When this issue was brought up in meetings over and over it seemed like it was shrugged off or just brushed to the side as nonsense. The culture in this environment is toxic at best. I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their time even applying for employment with this company. The only good thing I can say about this place is that my coworkers were awesome to work with and the benefits were decent. I'd rather take a brick to the face than to ever have to deal with management within this organization.

Pros

Co workers are awesome to work with

Terrible managment

Mana

Management is poor and so is the pay rate. They training modules sucked as well. The breakdown were ok and they often offer incentives like ice cream trucks on hot days and lunch vouchers as well.
Cultura laboral

Great salary, poor management with bullying culture

•Great Salary•Great Pension•HR are not there to help you, be warned that complaints will find their way back to who you complained to HR about•Management are bullies•No progression, unless you are friends with someone higher up•Very long days and weekends•Work over time or be let go for poor performance

Used to be ok

I was ok until the micro management started. Brought in a new group of managers from another company. They brought their culture with them which is fine but were unwilling to listen to veteran employees as to what has or has not worked in the past. EXTREMELY difficult to move up in the organization, promotions are rare. Some good people there but management has lost track of what’s important which is the employees on the shop floor. Was in management myself and it was frustrating to see my employees frustrated. Hope they figure it out because most are hanging by a thread. Sticking around because they have no choice. Morale is awful

Pros

Quality products, temperature regulated warehouse

Constantly changing upper management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en Smith & Nephew. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general